Sunday, January 27, 2013

Butterfly Dreams


I thought I would do some crafting and my little men decided that they wanted to "help".  We made some great cards together.  I am always looking for techniques that give lots of punch when done with little people but are not frustrating.  This triple layer stamping is definately one of those techniques.  Even my 3 year old loves using the sliding paper cutter with Mommy's help, taping the layers down, stamping and colouring.  Both kids were also able to use the Big shot to make the die cuts with supervision. Mommy didn't get any crafting done between supporting the two but we had a wonderful rainy morning together.


Card by David (Age 3)


Card by Michael (Age 5)

My boys like everything the same and so both wanted to use the butterfly from Mark's Finest Papers.  I was trying to get one to use another image but no.  DS(5) really wanted the heart and the sentiment to say "I Love You."  He also didn't want to follow the sketch perfectly since the butterlfy in the corner was his favourite.  The youngest didn't care as long as he got to stamp and use the machine so Mommy chose "Thank You" since we are always short of cards from the kids.  DS(3) also chose to decorate the inside of the card but I somehow forgot to take the photo.

Challenges this Card Meets:
Gingerloft - Love is in the Air
Scrappy Frogs - Try Something New (Triple Layer Stamping)
My Time to Craft - Things with Wings
Send a Smile for Kids - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Michael, Wow I love this card - you pick some great colors for it. So fantastic and thanks for joining the Gingerloft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute and creative - thank you so much for entering our challenge at MTTC this week boys - these are just perfect thank you cards hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete