Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year!

For the last few years I've been posting my crafting resolutions on my site and I find it does help me stay a little more on target.  I tend to fall off by summer instead of the usual end of January.  Does that count?  This year I really want to get back into crafting regularly.  I feel calmer when I craft often so here goes:

1)  Get in my craft room for at least 15 minutes 3 times a week!
I recently signed up to participate in the Hello Project, which provides cards to the homeless to stay in contact with their family.  I'm hoping to be able to send them an envelope every month with at least 30 cards in it.  Some of them will be multiples but I need to be in my craft room to do it.

2)  Post two new cards a week. 
I love blogging to have a reference of what I created, even if no one else reads it.  I find it helpful for me.

3) 
Use up my pre-stamped images or throw them out!
I have listed this goal since 2010 as a stamping goal.  Worse, these images have been stamped for 10 years now.  If I haven't used them, I won't ever.  I went through the drawer this week and tossed half.  I then made 6 cards from some images that inspired me.  Now to go through the rest. (Only about 200 to go!)

3)  Use all my stamps at least 3 times or it has to go.
I did a big purge last year and probably got rid of a third of my stamps but I have a lot.  I find that because I make stamps for others, I end up with a large selection that may not always be my first choice.  I need to whittle this down.

4)  Toss some of my scraps.
I love using scraps and will go through those piles first but when they are tiny, I don't really need to keep them.

5)  Learn to crochet Amigurumi.
I actually met my goal of learning to crochet - a bit.  I've made 2 blankets now.  Now my kids want me to make some stuffed Star Wars characters.

Best wishes to you in 2017 and good luck in keeping your own resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment